
Police have released images of a man who may have information about the sexual assault of a teenage girl as she rode on the Tube.
The teenager was riding on a Northern Line train on February 19 between Stockwell and South Wimbledon when a man attacked her around 11.15 pm.
British Transport Police said a man first made sexual remarks towards her, before sitting next to her and sexually assaulting her.
Other passengers quickly intervened in the situation, and the man got off the Tube at South Wimbledon.
In photos, the man police hope to speak to appears to be wearing a light grey hat, black puffer jacket, grey jeans and black sneakers.
A BTP spokesperson said: ‘Detectives investigating a sexual assault on board a Northern Line service between Stockwell and South Wimbledon are today releasing these images in connection.
‘At around 11.15 pm on Wednesday, February 19, a man made sexual remarks to a teenage girl before sitting next to her and sexually assaulting her. Other passengers intervened and the man left the service at South Wimbledon.

Officers believe the man in the CCTV images may have information that could help their investigation.
‘Anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV, or has any other information, is asked to contact British Transport Police.’
The number of sexual offences in England and Wales reached a record high of 193,566 in the year ending March 2022, (men included) according to the Office for National Statistics.
Between 2018 and 2023, there was a 37% increase in violent crimes against women and girls.
Last year alone, over one million crimes against women and girls were recorded in England and Wales, constituting 20% of all crimes documented by the police.
Latest London news
- 'Barebackers' are the commuters plaguing the London tube network
- Heathrow Airport could face more disruption at Easter after strikes announced
- Three killed after car crashes into bus and sparks huge inferno
To get the latest news from the capital visit Metro's London news hub.

Last year, a man was jailed for more than eight years after repeatedly sexually assaulting a teenager trying to get home on the Tube.
Claudiu Rizea, 39, targeted the 18-year-old outside Euston Station in the early hours of September 8, 2023, leaving her deeply traumatised.
More Trending
He first approached her under the guise of offering her a cigarette. But he then followed her on the 20-minute journey to Westminster Tube station where he approached her again, trying to hug and kiss her.
She then continued to Baker Street, seven minutes away on the Jubilee Line, to Baker Street where he exposed himself.
The victim tried to move away, but Rizea dragged her out of the station and sexually assaulted her.
She managed to escape back into the station, but he followed her, repeatedly approaching her, grabbing her arms and hair, and trying to drag her away.
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.
For more stories like this, check our news page.
MORE: One of London’s skinniest houses at 7ft wide on sale for £1,250,000
MORE: Latest phase of £17,200,000 project to give ‘dead’ London neighbourhood a revamp
MORE: I was bleeding to death, but all people did was get out their phones and film it